You can join our very own ‘Batman', as he guides you through this full body HIIT workout, designed to boost your metabolism, build some muscle and get you in crime-fighting shape, ready for Halloween!
So, What's the Workout?
This great workout consists of 6 exercises, each one targeting a different major muscle group. As they are done in sequence, back-to-back, they will get your cardio system working hard and your whole body working to its limit.
You will complete the set number of reps on each exercise, before moving onto the next one with no rest in between. Once you have completed all 6 exercises, you will rest for 1-2 minutes, then start over from the top.
What are the Exercises?
The exercises we have for you in our Lean Halloween HIIT Workout Challenge are shown below, with a short explanation of how to do them:
- Monster Squats: Using your dumbbells, kettlebells, A pumpkin… or your child, complete 20 monster squats by sitting your hips back whilst keeping your back straight and your feet flat on the floor.Make sure your knees stay back behind your toes and you push through your heels as you push yourself back up to a standing position.
- Push-ups with Hold: Placing your hands about shoulder width apart on the floor, your feet positioned up on your toes and a straight position throughout your body, lower your chest towards the floor.Push back up to the start position and hold for 10 seconds, before repeating for 10 reps.
- Burpees: Getting yourself into a standard push up position, you complete a burpee by jumping your feet forwards, so they land below your chest, then push up through your legs and spring upwards into a jump.As you land, place your hands back on the floor and jump your feet back to the start position. Complete 10 reps.
- Deadlifts: Pick up the dumbbells or kettlebells and stand up straight with the weights hanging in front of your body.Keeping your back flat, slowly hinge from your hips and lower the weight down towards your shin, pushing your hips slightly back as you bend forward. Raise the weight by standing upright and returning to the start position. Complete 10 reps.
- KB/DB Swings: Holding a dumbbell or kettlebell in front of your body, push your hips back slightly, then drive them forward, so the weight is swung forwards and upwards to a point level with your eyes and your arms straight.Let the weight drop back down, under control, repeating the movement for 10 reps.
- 1-arm rows: Position yourself so you are in a standard press-up position, but your feet are outside shoulder width apart, and your hands are resting on the dumbbells or kettlebells.Holding your back flat, pull one dumbbell/kettlebell at a time up towards your chest, keeping your elbow close to your side and driving it upwards towards the ceiling. Alternate arms until you have completed 10 reps on each arm.
What's the Challenge?
As our Fit Father Project Halloween HIIT workout has been brought to you by ‘Batman', the challenge is to see how you score on our Superhero grading chart.
If you can complete 2 rounds of the HIIT workout, you will be at ‘Trick or Treater' level. (Beginner)
If you can complete 3-4 rounds of the HIIT workout, you will be at ‘Crime-Fighter' level. (Intermediate)
…and if you can complete 5+ rounds of the HIIT workout, you will achieve ‘Superhero' level. (Advanced)
What Should I Do Now?
So, now you have the complete Fit Father Lean Halloween HIIT Workout guide and video, you need to get to it and see how many rounds you can do.
Once you've completed your workout, post a comment below, or in our YouTube channel to let us know how you got on.
Tell us how many rounds you were able to complete, how heavy your weights were and what weights you used (Dumbbells, Kettlebells, Pumpkins… or anything else).
If you enjoy this workout and think it would benefit friends or family, please share it with them by clicking on the social buttons on the left or below. We are grateful to have you in our tribe. Let's get more people started on this #FITFATHER movement!
Until next time, I wish you the best of luck with your HIIT workout and hope you all have a very happy and safe Halloween!
THE 30-Day Health Program for Men 40+
Fit Father 30X is the world’s first sustainable weight loss plan for fathers.
Your new friend & health coach,
Head Training Staff, The Fit Father Project
Brotherhood Nickname: “The Fit Brit”
Bragging Rights: 16 Years in the fitness industry, Author of ‘The Easy Fitness Guide', Father of 4 boys and Husband to a Venezuelan beauty.
*Please know that weight loss results & health changes/improvements vary from individual to individual; you may not achieve similar results. Always consult with your doctor before making health decisions. This is not medical advice – simply very well-researched info on a hiit workout.