Concentration Curls are the perfect biceps exercise to get a peak contraction and help build good muscle size.
Whatever weight you are using, this exercise gives you a contraction like nothing else.
Take a look at our video tutorial below where I guide you through the exercise and outline the main technique points.
If you need something to print off and take to the gym as a reminder, the step-by-step exercise technique is further down this page.
Step-by-step exercise technique
- Sit on the end of a bench, with a shoulder width foot stance. Brace your non curling arm against your knee
- Hold the weight in your curling arm, with your arm fully stretched and your elbow touching against the inside of your knee.
- Alternating arms, curl the weight up across your body, supinating your hand as you curl (pinky twisting out) and concentrating the squeeze in your biceps.
- At the top of the movement get a peak contraction by squeezing as hard as you can.
- Keep your elbow against your knee throughout the movement, work at a 2 sec up, 3 sec down tempo.
- Complete on each arm for the prescribed number of reps.
The Men's Health Experts @ The Fit Father Project
Here’s How Busy Guys 40+ Are Building Age-Defying Muscle And Strength… Working Out Just 3 Hours Per Week
This proven "Old School Muscle Program For Guys 40+" combines the “old school” bodybuilding secrets with the “new school” science… to produce muscle & strength building results fast.
Only for guys 40+ who want to build muscle.
If you're frustrated with stubborn belly fat, failed diets, and time-consuming workouts, this is the answer you’ve been looking for…
- Old School Muscle (OSM) covers every aspect of building muscle for you as a guy 40+:
- The 9-Week Muscle Building Program – safe, joint-friendly exercises
- VIP Accountability Coaching – our Fit Father Team will personally walk you to success, step-by-step.