There are fine form points you need to be aware of when doing burpees, and sometimes they are overlooked.
Burpees are one of those exercises you must have in your workout program, as they are hugely effective at burning a ton of calories, and they work almost every muscle in your body!
Burpees are made up of three basic exercises, which are the squat thrust, the plank, and the squat jump. Some variations also throw in a push-up too.
As you will see from the step-by-step guide below, you start in a plank position, do a squat thrust, explode up into a squat jump, then go back to the plank.
You can do these for a time limit or have a set number of reps to complete.
Check out this video tutorial to learn how to do burpees the right way.
How To Do Burpees: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Set yourself into a push-up/plank position, holding your core strong, your back flat, and your hands under your shoulders.
- Breathing in, jump your toes forward so they land between your hands.
- Breathing out, explode upwards through your toes, and perform a squat jump, making sure to land lightly on your toes.
- Place your hands back onto the floor and kick your legs back, so you move back to the start position, in a push-up/plank position.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until you have completed reps for the full-time limit, or have completed the prescribed number of reps for your set.
Here’s How Busy Guys 40+ Are Building Age-Defying Muscle And Strength… Working Out Just 3 Hours Per Week...
This proven "Old School Muscle Program For Guys 40+" combines the “old school” bodybuilding secrets with the “new school” science… to produce muscle & strength building results fast.
Only for guys 40+ who want to build muscle.
If you're frustrated with stubborn belly fat, failed diets, and time-consuming workouts, this is the answer you’ve been looking for…
- Old School Muscle (OSM) covers every aspect of building muscle for you as a guy 40+:
- The 9-Week Muscle Building Program – safe, joint-friendly exercises
- VIP Accountability Coaching – our Fit Father Team will personally walk you to success, step-by-step.
*Please know that weight loss results and health changes/improvements vary from individual to individual; you may not achieve similar results. Always consult with your doctor before making health decisions. This is not medical advice – simply very well-researched info on how to do burpees.