RKC stands for Russian Kettlebell Challenge, which developed this plank variation.
The RKC plank is intended to work the underlying core muscles under increased loading, rather than under prolonged hold. This increased loading helps to activate the smaller stabilizer muscles throughout your core, making it more effective than the standard plank.
Take a look at our video tutorial below to see the different points of this exercise, and if you need something to print off and take to the gym, you can find our step-by-step exercise technique further down this page.
RKC Plank – Step-by-step technique
- Step 1: Start in a plank position, up on your toes, body straight, resting on your elbows at 90 degrees.
- Step 2: Push upwards with your upper back, pushing your shoulder blades away from the floor.
- Step 3: Breathing out, squeeze your Quads and Glutes as hard as you can and hold.
- Step 4: Hold the tensed position for as long as you can as you continue normal breathing.
** Pro Tip #1: We recommend starting by holding the position for as long as possible. **
** Pro Tip #2: As you complete the exercise, make sure that your lower back does not sag downwards. If you cannot remain in a flat position, stop the exercise.
** Pro Tip #3: For a more advanced level, you can push your body backward, away from your hands, until your upper arms are at 45 degrees. Hold there.
Here’s A Free 24-Min Fat Burn Workout For Busy Men 40+
This powerful workout will reignite your metabolism to burn fat 24/7 like you did in your 20s…
The Men's Health Experts @ The Fit Father Project
Here’s How Busy Fathers Over 40 Are Finally Burning Stubborn Belly Fat & Getting Healthy Without Restrictive Diets or Time-Consuming Workouts
This proven "Fit Father Program" has helped 25,000 busy men 40+ lose weight, rebuild muscle, and finally keep the weight off.
If you're frustrated with stubborn belly fat, failed diets, and time-consuming workouts, this is the answer you’ve been looking for…
- The Fit Father Meal Plan – with simple & delicious recipes
- Safe & Effective Workouts Program – only 90 min/week
- VIP Accountability Coaching – our Fit Father Team will personally walk you to success, step-by-step.