Doing the bodysaw exercise with the correct form will give you a strong and stable core throughout, which will, in turn, help your posture. This will make you more pain-free and functionally strong in everyday life.
The bodysaw is a very underused but effective core exercise, so I would urge you to give it a shot and add it to your workout program.
Take a look at our video tutorial below to see the fine form points of this exercise, and if you need something to print off and take to the gym, you can find our step-by-step exercise technique further down this page.
The Bodysaw – Step-by-Step Technique
- Step 1: Start in a plank position, up on your toes, body straight, resting on your elbows at 90 degrees.
- Step 2: Push upwards with your upper back, pushing your shoulder blades away from the floor.
- Step 3: Breathing out, push your whole body backwards, away from your hands, until your upper arms are at about 45 degrees.
- Step 4: Hold the tensed position for a 1 second pause.
- Step 5: Breathe in as you slowly bring yourself back to the start position.
** Pro Tip #1: We recommend starting with performing reps for 30 secs or completing 15 reps. **
** Pro Tip #2: As you complete the exercise, make sure that your lower back does not sag downwards. If you cannot remain in a flat position, stop the exercise.
To learn more exercises that you can use in your training, visit our complete exercise library on the Fit Father Project YouTube channel.
The Men's Health Experts @ The Fit Father Project
* We hoped you enjoyed this article. Remember to always consult your doctor before starting any new exercise program and that this is not medical advice – just well-researched info. Please see our disclaimer at the bottom of this website. Exercise intelligently and safely at your own risk.