Doing a Superman exercise with the correct form will strengthen your lower back and abs, and will help to balance your overall core strength.
Take a look at our video tutorial below to see the fine form points of this exercise, and if you need something to print off and take to the gym, you can find our step-by-step exercise technique further down this page.
Superman exercise – Step-by-step technique
- Step 1: Lay on the floor, in a prone position, laying on your belly.
- Step 2: Outstretch your arms and legs and take a deep breath in.
- Step 3: Breathe out and squeeze your glutes and lower back to raise your legs, and your lower traps and core to raise your arms.
- Step 4: Hold the tensed position for a 1 second pause.
- Step 5: Breathe in as you slowly lower yourself back to start position.
** Pro Tip #1: We recommend starting with performing reps for 30 secs. **
To learn more exercises that you can use in your training, visit our complete exercise library on the Fit Father Project YouTube channel.
The Men's Health Experts @ The Fit Father Project
* We hoped you enjoyed this article. Remember to always consult your doctor before starting any new exercise program and that this is not medical advice – just well-researched info. Please see our disclaimer at the bottom of this website. Exercise intelligently and safely at your own risk.