Mixing squat thrusts into a circuit with burpees and mountain climbers is much more exciting than running on a treadmill!
The most important part of this exercise is to keep your core tight and don’t let your back round at the top part of the movement or sag at the bottom part. Both of these mean your core is not tight, and your lower back is not protected.
Take a look at our video tutorial below to see the fine form points of this exercise, and if you need something to print off and take to the gym, you can find our step-by-step exercise technique further down this page.
Squat Thrust – Step-by-Step Technique
- Step 1: Start by getting into a raised plank position, but resting on your hands instead of your forearms.
- Step 2: Make sure your body is in a straight line (Head, shoulders, hips, knees and toes), your shoulders are pushed away from the floor and your core is tight.
- Step 3: Breathe in, then breathe out as you jump your feet forwards so they land as close to your hands as you can get them without arching your back up.
- Step 4: Breathe in as you jump your feet back out to the start position, holding your core tight and making sure your back does not sag.
** Pro Tip #1: We recommend you start with as many reps as possible for 30 secs.
** Pro Tip #2: As you complete the exercise, keep your core strong to protect your lower back.
To learn more exercises that you can use in your training, visit our complete exercise library on the Fit Father Project YouTube channel.
The Men's Health Experts @ The Fit Father Project
Here’s How Busy Fathers Over 40 Are Finally Burning Stubborn Belly Fat & Getting Healthy Without Restrictive Diets or Time-Consuming Workouts
This proven "Fit Father Program" has helped 25,000 busy men 40+ lose weight, rebuild muscle, and finally keep the weight off.
If you're frustrated with stubborn belly fat, failed diets, and time-consuming workouts, this is the answer you’ve been looking for…
- The Fit Father Meal Plan – with simple & delicious recipes
- Safe & Effective Workouts Program – only 90 min/week
- VIP Accountability Coaching – our Fit Father Team will personally walk you to success, step-by-step.