I know, everyone knows how to do bodyweight squats, right? Let's take a look at the video tutorial below and see.
Squats are one of the core, compound exercises that will help you in any area of weight loss, muscle gain or general fitness. The exercise mainly works your quads, but will also work Hamstrings, Calves, and Core.
Squats are a great fat-burning exercise too, due to the size and number of the muscle groups you are using. The variations we show in this tutorial can increase that even more, especially when done as part of a HIIT cardio workout.
Take a look at our video tutorial below where I guide you through the exercise and outline the main technique points of how to do bodyweight squats.
If you need something to print off and take to the gym as a reminder, the step-by-step exercise technique is further down this page.
How To Do Bodyweight Squats – Step-by-Step Exercise Technique
- Step 1: Stand with a shoulder-width stance, with your head up, shoulders back, core tight and a neutral curve in your spine.
- Step 2: Breathing in, bend your knees and push your hips back, lowering yourself down into a squatted position, keeping your weight back on your heels.
- Step 3: Breathing out, push through your heels to raise back into the start position, maintaining the good upright position.
- Step 4: Repeat until you have completed the prescribed number of reps.
The Men's Health Experts @ The Fit Father Project
* We hoped you enjoyed this article. Remember to always consult your doctor before starting any new exercise program and that this is not medical advice – just well-researched info. Please see our disclaimer at the bottom of this website. Exercise intelligently and safely at your own risk.