I know, everyone knows how to do bodyweight squats, right? Let's take a look at the video tutorial below and see.
Squats are one of the core, compound exercises that will help you in any area of weight loss, muscle gain or general fitness. The exercise mainly works your quads, but will also work Hamstrings, Calves, and Core.
Squats are a great fat-burning exercise too, due to the size and number of the muscle groups you are using. The variations we show in this tutorial can increase that even more, especially when done as part of a HIIT cardio workout.
Take a look at our video tutorial below where I guide you through the exercise and outline the main technique points of how to do bodyweight squats.
If you need something to print off and take to the gym as a reminder, the step-by-step exercise technique is further down this page.
How To Do Bodyweight Squats – Step-by-Step Exercise Technique
- Step 1: Stand with a shoulder-width stance, with your head up, shoulders back, core tight and a neutral curve in your spine.
- Step 2: Breathing in, bend your knees and push your hips back, lowering yourself down into a squatted position, keeping your weight back on your heels.
- Step 3: Breathing out, push through your heels to raise back into the start position, maintaining the good upright position.
- Step 4: Repeat until you have completed the prescribed number of reps.
The Men's Health Experts @ The Fit Father Project
Here’s How Busy Fathers Over 40 Are Finally Burning Stubborn Belly Fat & Getting Healthy Without Restrictive Diets or Time-Consuming Workouts
This proven "Fit Father Program" has helped 25,000 busy men 40+ lose weight, rebuild muscle, and finally keep the weight off.
If you're frustrated with stubborn belly fat, failed diets, and time-consuming workouts, this is the answer you’ve been looking for…
- The Fit Father Meal Plan – with simple & delicious recipes
- Safe & Effective Workouts Program – only 90 min/week
- VIP Accountability Coaching – our Fit Father Team will personally walk you to success, step-by-step.