This is one of the best tricep exercises you can do on the suspension trainer as it works all three heads of your Triceps.
Doing these on the suspension trainer also works your core, shoulders and lower back muscles, as you will need to keep a strong, stable position throughout.
As with other suspension trainer exercises, the further back you have your feet, the more tension you’ll add to the focus muscle.
In this tutorial and related video, I’ll show you the proper technique of the exercise, so you can complete it with confidence and safety.
We have a full video tutorial below, to show you the fine form points of the TRX Tricep Extension.
Also, if you need something to print off and take to the gym, you can find our step-by-step exercise walkthrough further down this page.
TRX Tricep Extension – Step-by-step technique
- Step 1: Start with your back to the suspension trainer and take a handle over each shoulder with your grip on the main handle attachment.
- Step 2: Place your hands out in front of you so your arms are straight, then walk your feet back to a point where you feel the tension on your arms.
- Step 3: Breathing in and holding your neutral body position (Head, shoulder, hips, knees, and ankles in line), slowly lower yourself forwards by bending your arms. The back of your hand should go towards your forehead.
- Step 4: Breathing out, press yourself back up into the start position, making sure to squeeze your triceps at the top of the movement.
- Step 5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the prescribed number of reps, then rest before completing your next set.
** Pro Tip #1: To start, complete this exercise with 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps.
** Pro Tip #2: Use this exercise within a functional training session, to make the most of the core stability work needed to control your body position.
Or subscribe to the Fit Father Project YouTube channel.
The Men’s Health Experts @ The Fit Father Project