If you've ever used a seated or lying hamstring curl machine at the gym, you'll know that this exercise isolates your hamstrings, which run down the back of your leg.
The additional benefit of doing this using the TRX system is that you will need to use your core and glute muscles to hold the bridge position necessary to complete the exercise.
Holding a solid position, with your hips held high will make sure you get a full squeeze through your hamstrings as you draw your legs back with a curling motion.
In this tutorial and related video, I'll show you the proper technique of the exercise, so you can complete it with confidence and safety.
We have a full video tutorial below, to show you the fine form points of the TRX Hamstring Curl.
Also, if you need something to print off and take to the gym, you can find our step-by-step exercise walkthrough further down this page.
TRX Hamstring Curl – Step-by-step technique
- Step 1: Sit facing the TRX system and make sure you have enough room around you, then place your feet into the stirrup of the TRX suspension system, heels first.
- Step 2: Lay down, rest your hands by your side and raise your hips up off the floor. Your weight should be held through your heels and your core should be tight.
- Step 3: Take a deep breath in, then as you release, curl your heels back towards your butt. When your knees are at 90 degrees, pike your hips up towards the ceiling.
- Step 4: Breathing in, lower your hips back down and your feet out straight, into the start position.
- Step 5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the prescribed number of reps, then rest before completing your next set.
** Pro Tip #2: Incorporate this exercise with more compound lifts like Deadlifts.
To learn more exercises that you can use in your training, visit our complete exercise library on the Fit Father Project YouTube channel.
The Men's Health Experts @ The Fit Father Project