If you've ever used a seated or lying hamstring curl machine at the gym, you'll know that this exercise isolates your hamstrings, which run down the back of your leg.
The additional benefit of doing this using the TRX system is that you will need to use your core and glute muscles to hold the bridge position necessary to complete the exercise.
Holding a solid position, with your hips held high will make sure you get a full squeeze through your hamstrings as you draw your legs back with a curling motion.
In this tutorial and related video, I'll show you the proper technique of the exercise, so you can complete it with confidence and safety.
We have a full video tutorial below, to show you the fine form points of the TRX Hamstring Curl.
Also, if you need something to print off and take to the gym, you can find our step-by-step exercise walkthrough further down this page.
TRX Hamstring Curl – Step-by-step technique
- Step 1: Sit facing the TRX system and make sure you have enough room around you, then place your feet into the stirrup of the TRX suspension system, heels first.
- Step 2: Lay down, rest your hands by your side and raise your hips up off the floor. Your weight should be held through your heels and your core should be tight.
- Step 3: Take a deep breath in, then as you release, curl your heels back towards your butt. When your knees are at 90 degrees, pike your hips up towards the ceiling.
- Step 4: Breathing in, lower your hips back down and your feet out straight, into the start position.
- Step 5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the prescribed number of reps, then rest before completing your next set.
** Pro Tip #2: Incorporate this exercise with more compound lifts like Deadlifts.
More Suspension Exercises
To learn more exercises that you can use in your training, visit our complete exercise library on the Fit Father Project YouTube channel.
The Men's Health Experts @ The Fit Father Project
Here’s How Busy Fathers Over 40 Are Finally Burning Stubborn Belly Fat & Getting Healthy Without Restrictive Diets or Time-Consuming Workouts
This proven "Fit Father Program" has helped 25,000 busy men 40+ lose weight, rebuild muscle, and finally keep the weight off.
If you're frustrated with stubborn belly fat, failed diets, and time-consuming workouts, this is the answer you’ve been looking for…
- The Fit Father Meal Plan – with simple & delicious recipes
- Safe & Effective Workouts Program – only 90 min/week
- VIP Accountability Coaching – our Fit Father Team will personally walk you to success, step-by-step.